Study Vision has been a homestay provider for over 20 years. Our dedication to continuously recruiting, screening and training homestay hosts and providing full support and guidance, has earned us a reputation as the homestay provider of choice in Australia. We work collaboratively with our homestay hosts to make sure that all international students are treated with care and warmth when they arrive to Australia.
Our head office is located in Sydney, however our services extend across all major Australian cities and most recently in New Zealand. We offer accommodation, pick up services and guardianship to students enrolled across all the major Australian and New Zealand universities, colleges, TAFEs and international schools. In addition to our core services, we also serve study tours which usually come every January/February and July/August from overseas schools.
We have the capabilities of finding these tours homestay accommodation, local school immersion placements or sightseeing expeditions.
Study Vision is a business of Consteam (Australia) Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (ABN 42 067 258 315) which is an ASIC registered company in Australia.
Study Vision works hard to deliver the following:
- Continuously review and increase the breadth, depth and standard of services delivered to both international students and homestay host families in Australia.
- To ensure the safety of our students, all of our Homestays have valid background checks.
- All our homestay homes are routinely coached and encouraged to follow our policies, service delivery guidelines and procedures.
- A documented agreement to be signed by all host families outlining appropriate policies to comply with and the host responsibilities in delivering homestay services.
- Appropriate and current “Homestay Insurance” cover for hosts in line with Industry expectations.
- A documented agreement to be signed by international students to insure they understand their responsibilities and obligations in accepting to live in homestay in Australia, in accordance with our Student Guidelines (available on our website).
- Any issues, concerns, complaints or allegations raised by any student or a homestay host family are to be immediately investigated and dealt with in an unbiased manner and at arm’s length.
- Appraisals and ongoing reviews of the homestay experience by both the host family and the international student will be conducted and results will be used to continuously improve services delivered.
- Uninterrupted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, emergency and critical incident service to both our students and host families.
In arranging homestay accommodation for international students and other visitors with Homestay Hosts, Study Vision shall endeavour to follow these guidelines with respect to the Hosts:
- Only applicants who have been approved by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection to come to Australia on valid visas will be placed by Study Vision in one of our approved and qualified Homestays host families;
- Study Vision shall exercise a duty of care in placing students with any Homestay Host by taking into serious consideration that the students’ specific requests and interests (as detailed in their Homestay Placement Applications) matches as close as possible what the Host family can provide;
- Provide proper training and ongoing support for Hosts regarding the expectations and responsibilities of being a Homestay Host by means of orientation at the Host’s home, easy to read Guideline manuals and 24/7 phone support;
- Homestay Hosts will need to sign a Homestay Host Agreement with Study Vision to ensure a minimum standard of service provided. However, Study Vision shall never question, impose on or deprive any Host from their freedom to host or not to host at any particular time, or in any particular way, or a particular student from any specific ethnic, religious or cultural background. Host families shall have total freedom to choose when, who and why to host students at their homestay;
- Any available information about a student being placed shall be, verbally or in writing, transmitted to the Host to decide whether to accept the student or not;
- Study Vision shall, at all times, respect and understand the cultural and religious beliefs, as well as, the norms and habits of each Host family;
- Study Vision shall maintain the confidentiality and Privacy of all Homestay Hosts’ data, records and bank details to fully comply with the terms and requirements of the relevant Privacy and Discrimination Acts. See our Privacy statement;
- For Host families who are available to host students under 18 years of age, all the adult family members will be asked to complete a Working With Children Check, as required by the relevant legislation in their state;
- Respond immediately to any emergency or complaint and follow up issues raised by any Host regarding a student placed by Study Vision Homestay program. Host families shall always feel that Study Vision is constantly available to provide any support needed in exercising their role as Homestays to international students and visitors;
- Study Vision shall promptly pay all rents due to a Homestay Host family. If an issue arises and a student does not pay the due rent to the Host, Study Vision shall help to resolve any issues regarding rent payments;
- Maintain accurate financial records for receipts, payments, and refunds relating to each student placed at each Homestay. Study vision shall respond immediately to any questions from a Homestay Host regarding understanding the timing or amounts of rent to be collected from each student;
- Study Vision shall encourage all its Homestay Host families to purchase a Homestay Insurance to comply with the industry standards;
- Near the end of their hosting period, students will have the opportunity to complete an evaluation form of their Homestay. Issues evaluated include such things as how they were treated and included with the family’s activities, the quality and cleanliness of the home, the food provided during their stay, language and cultural education support received from the host family, and whether they would recommend their host family to others, etc. While such evaluations remain confidential between the students and Study Vision, such evaluations provide an important platform to help Study Vision support the host family to continuously improve their Homestay service.
For Students and other guests:
In arranging homestay accommodation for international students and other visitors with Homestay Hosts, Study Vision shall endeavour to follow these guidelines with respect to the students:
- Place students and other guests in a homestay, which is, to the best of our knowledge and judgement, a safe and suitable home;
- Ensure students who are under the age of 18 years are placed with appropriately qualified and screened families, taking into serious consideration the students’ specific requests and interests (as detailed in their Homestay Placement Applications);
- Provide proper training and ongoing support for students by means of Guideline manuals and phone support 24/7;
- Respond immediately to any emergency or complaint and follow up issues raised by any student. At the end of their stay, students can complete an evaluation form of their Homestay (available online at our website). Issues evaluated include the quality and cleanliness of the homestay, the food provided during their stay, language and cultural education support received from the host family, and whether they would recommend their host family to other students like themselves in the future, etc. These evaluations shall remain confidential between the students and Study Vision;
- Respect and understand the cultural background, religious beliefs, norms and specific needs and requirements of each student;
- Have appropriate grievance procedures in-place and act with sensitivity and discretion when issues arise, in time of grief and trauma;
- Provide alternative accommodation arrangements without any undue delay, if it is believed that the safety and welfare of the student may be at risk. If a student is under the age of 18, this relocation must be done with the student’s school and guardian consent and support;
- Interact effectively and co-operatively with students, parents, homestay hosts, agents and education institutions and act openly and professionally in all dealings. Keep all possible communications open, honest, and appropriate to the situation;
- Maintain accurate financial records for receipts, payments, and refunds relating to each student;
- Advise the students about the necessity to recognise the fact that Australian homestay hosts may come from a variety of family compositions and cultural backgrounds and that these should not be the basis for acceptance or rejection in the placement process;
- Maintain the confidentiality and Privacy of all students’ records to fully comply with the terms and requirements of the relevant Privacy and Discrimination Acts.
Director/Chief Executive Officer
Director/Chief Operations Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Office Phone: 02 9669 5225
Office Fax: 02 9669 5943
Sydney Head Office: Suite 301, 414 Gardeners Road Rosbery NSW 2018
If you see this Google Maps wasn't properly loaded. Please refresh your page 🙂