Roles of a Homestay Carer
You may be asked if you would be willing to take on the role of Homestay Carer for a particular student. Taking on this role will increase the rent you will receive for hosting this student, but you will also take on additional responsibilities, beyond the normal responsibilities of a homestay host for an underage student. These additional responsibilities are:
Assist the student to settle into their accommodation, and help them with the following, if needed:
- Open a bank account,
- Purchase a local telephone SIM card (if required)
- Purchase a local transport card, and explain how to use local public transport (train, bus, tram, taxi etc)
- Communicate regularly with the student and their school, to make sure they are doing well, and assist them when needed. Notify Study Vision of any issues that arise.
- Attend school-required meetings when necessary and report students’ school performance to parents in a timely manner, 4with Study Vision’s assistance.
- Inform Study Vision if the student plans to go on holidays or stay away overnight.
- Inform Study Vision of any changes in the student’s attitude or behaviour.
- Ensure the student is at home by 10pm every night. If they are late, contact Study Vision immediately.
Medical Issues & Emergencies
- Help students arrange and attend medical appointments whenever they need medical assistance.
- Assist the student in any emergency situations, and notify Study Vision of any issues